Have you ever said: I really feel like I just need to step out in faith and see what God does? This is one of those sayings where you tend to get the sidelined responses like "Well, good for you" and "You'll have to wait and see" or the classic deer in headlights look when you can tell the person is really dying to tell you that you're momentarily insane.
If there is one thing I have learned over the years and especially this past week, the one thing God wants from you is the same things people desire from you as well; commitment.
He wants you to go on and make the stand. Go on and make your plans. Go on and commit. Especially during this season, when it is the time for commitment to action!
I grew up in a strong spirit-filled household where if we wanted to do something and I mean anything outside of the regular day to day needs and especially if it cost money, then we would have to pray about it before we act on it. Or we would have to wait for God to provide the money. Being brought up in this manner really strengthened my dependence on God and I would not trade that lesson for all the tea in England. On the flip side of that coin, I was also afraid to do anything on my own. Even things that I know are fully acceptable and encouraged in the eyes of God. I think, eventually, while that mindset is perfect for those who are new in their faith, as we mature in Christ and our responsibilities become greater, our freedom to act also becomes greater.
So, step out in faith and watch as the Lord honors you for it. Or in my case, sign up for that class I cannot afford and watch as God brings in the funds.
No comments:
Post a Comment