I'm listening to Cindy Jacobs (great motivational speaker btw) and the word for 2015. It is the "turn around year." Even though we are only in February, I already have started seeing God at work and peoples lives changed. Real breakthrough is happening. People are overcoming struggles that have plagued them for years. There really is a shift that is happening and I am excited to see what all He has planned for us.
Anyways, she said something that is sticking with me. "Out of the heart's abundance, the mouth speaks." Basically, this is saying that what you believe is what comes out of your mouth. If you are a positive, optimistic thinker then positivity and encouragement comes out of your mouth. If you are a negative, pessimistic thinker (guilty!) then negativity and criticism comes out of your mouth. I am really stirred by this because sometimes even when I am not trying to, I end up putting someone down and I can see I have hurt them by my words... I need to start changing my thinking. I need to turn my pessimistic thoughts into optimistic thoughts. That will be my turn around.
Naturally, I think much of this will come from what I let in. As in music, tv, and movies. There really is so much junk in our media today. But I am stubborn and so this will be my goal for the year.
Lord,
God you see my heart. You see what I mean to say versus what I end up saying. Lord, deal with me on this. Send the Fire to reshape Your vessel. Help me as I take control of my thoughts and CHOOSE to think on "whatever is true, whatever
is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy = think
about such things." Phil 4: 8
My Ruach HaKodesh guide me in my thoughts. Strengthen my spirit so that I am able to more fully hear the small voice. Be with me as I struggle to overcome and shift my paradigms. Let me turn around so that I can be used by Him more.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment